[school-discuss] Open Admin Documentation Translation: French and Spanish

Hi All,

I need some help with people who could help translate some of the
user documentation into French or Spanish.

The documentation is written in small text files with embedded markup in
Latex which looks like this for a bulleted list:

\begin{enumerate}
\item The first item
\item The second
\item The third item
\end{enumerate}

The translation process would simply be to change the text around the LaTeX markup into the alternate language version.

For the 2.00 release, I would require translation of 4 sections: (with
quite small files)

Getting Started (9k), Demographics(32k), Attendance(17k),
Teacher-Attendance(4k)

I would assume that you would use a markup encoding of ISO Latin 1 (for accented characters) but Windows 1252 would also be acceptable if using a Windows based editor. I would then translate that into Latin 1 if necessary.

Any assistance greatly appreciated. (and the sooner this is done, the sooner I can get 2.00 out the door). The user documentation has to come out first.

Les