Re: [school-discuss] Am I back?

Looks like you're back! Never been so happy to get some spam? I think the issues with emails getting blocked to Comcast will probably be an ongoing pain, this has happened a couple times now. When I looked into it a couple weeks ago I didn't see the bounces from the emails sent to comcast, so didn't know if it was still happening or not. We are looking into options to avoid this, but it's going to probably take some mail re-routing. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again though.

It's great to hear that you've been having a good time in your adventures, can't wait to see the articles.

Doug wrote:
Hello everyone. Am I back on the schoolforge-discuss mailing list? For quite a while there has been some conflict between my Comcast email address and the SEUL servers that host SchoolForge, and any email to or from me to this list was rejected. But just today I received some bounces from attempted spammers to this mailing list, which I used to get when everything worked, so I think the problem may have been resolved. My news since I last was on this list: I returned from a visit to Johannesburg, South Africa at the end of February. I'm writing two magazine articles on my experience there, one for Linux Journal on the state of FOSS in South Africa generally, and one for Converge (IT in education magazine) on computer networks in rural schools in Limpopo state. I've finished the first article (it's being proofed by the people I interviewed for it, then I'll submit it), and I plan to get the second one written in the next few days to a week. And for anyone on this list from SA, I enjoyed myself immensely and am working on returning in August for a longer visit. Be forewarned! :)))

Doug Loss