[school-discuss] TuxPaint on the Nokia 770

Hey all, Bill

Bill I don't know if you're the one that ported TuxPaint to the Nokia UMPC (770 / 800 / 810) but it ROCKS! It's given me a whole new perspective on the utility of touch screens. I'm wearing out my 770 touchscreen just TuxPaint-ing!

http://i31.tinypic.com/10xwrxh.jpg
then GIMP'd ....
http://i32.tinypic.com/2vahyyd.jpg

Another one drawn w/ TuxPaint & then enhanced w/ GIMP
http://i28.tinypic.com/1zyki68.jpg

I just wish there were a way to config Tux so I could have that extra row of drawing surface w/ Tux overlayed temporarily.

Heck. I think I'm almost ready to kit together one of those tiny 15 Watt SBPC boards with an 8" touchscreen and a flash disk ... or get an ASUS EEE PC & slap a touchscreen on it & go to town w/ TuxPaint & GIMP.

http://www.ewayco.com/51-embedded-systems-100-PC-mini-ITX-low-cost/100-tu-low-cost-pc-thin-client-embedded-system.html

Thanks Bill!

/lee rodgers