[school-discuss] Open Source personal assistants

Our school district's tech conference had a few speakers talking about
voice assistants like Google Home and Alexa.  One speaker mentioned
his students were creating their own programs to use with Alexa using
Amazon's API.

That got me wondering if there were Open Source options that would let
students see how to build their own personal assistants not just add
code to a commercial project.

So, below are some related links on the subject.  If you know of
others, please share.  I am especially interested in finding a decent
C or C++ Speech to Text library.  If anyone has ideas on that topic,
please let me know.  Would like to include it in some Open Source
software I'm porting to improve accessibility.  Thanks.

The FSF has more information on personal assistants and this is one of
their priorities for Free Software development:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/personalassistant

Open Source voice assistant projects:
http://openassistant.org/tools/
https://github.com/MycroftAI