Re: [school-discuss] Donated Computers announcement draft, Take III

Leon Brooks wrote:

> Take 3 (on the seul-edu list, anyway), please criticise, and please offer more
> positive spin!
>
> --------8<----cut-here----8<--------

[big snip]
> ABOUT SCHOOLFORGE
>
> SchoolForge[10], is a rapidly growing international coalition of over 70
> schools and education-related companies dedicated to enhancing communication,
> sharing resources, and increasing the transparency of development in the
> area. As well as providing documentation and experience, SchoolForge can
> arrange to field volunteers to help schools and charitable organisations get
> started in the stable, secure, safe world of Linux.
>
> SchoolForge is always looking for new associates. The benefits of united and
> widespread negotiating power are considerable.

Very good job, Leon!  My only caveat would be to change "companies" in
the first paragraph here to "organizations."  Most of the Schoolforge
menbers are non-profits or virtual (internet-only) groups, which
really don't fit into the conceptual space of "company" very well.

Other than that, I think we're about ready to ship!  We can polish
this over much if we're not careful.  I want us to get this out on
Tuesday morning (my time, which is GMT -5), so let's use today and
tomorrow to do whatever tuning we can.

Everyone, we also need lists of places to send this.  We already have
a pretty good handle on the Linux and Open Source/Free software
related places.  What we really need is contacts in the general media
(Reuters, BBC, CNN, newspapers, etc.) and in the general educational
media (educational journals, etc.).  And if you could place it in your
local or national news outlets that would be helpful (especially for
those of you outside the US and Canada; we have those countries
covered fairly well).

Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--
(570) 326-3987     tremendous self control.
                           Ashleigh Brilliant