[school-discuss] Re: [seul-edu] Clarification: Education's move to Linux; lookingfor your experiences

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Tina Gasperson wrote:

> Thanks, Karl. Just to be completely clear, I want to get people's
> reactions and comments with regard to increased inquiries as a result of
> what Microsoft has just done to the schools in requiring so many
> licenses. So while the case studies could be a good resource, it would
> be very good to get "live" input in addition. For example, if you've a
> case study in the repository that came about as a result of MS's recent
> actions, please add your comments about that here, and point to the case
> study. If you don't have a case study, but just some opinions and
> insights about the positive results growing out of recent events, please
> do send your comments to the list or to me as well.
>

> Tina

Hi:  I put up a question about this last night on our local newspaper's
forum for school budget deficit.  We'll see what feedback might be
forthcoming. I also irritated the paper with a letter to the editor and a
news tip submission.  Will let you know.
The newspaper is: http://www.rgj.com and on the left-hand menu, scroll
down until you see forum and select.
Thanks,
Tom Poe