[school-discuss] College finally paid for itself

My college education was finally paid off today.  The letter I received in
the mail from
the Florida Department of Education is not exactly the end product I
expected from the
Carnegie Mellon Ph.D., but it has a certain comedy value.  Now I am back to
where I started
in about 1980, only 22 years wasted :-)

Thank goodness CMU can now release my valuable academic records!

Rich

May 20, 2002

Richard S. Wallace
807 Ashbury St. #3
San Francisco, CA 94117

We have reviewed your Total and Permanent Disability Certification form, and
your Florida
Federal Family Education Loan(s) have been cancelled due to your total and
permanent disability.

Your account has been closed with our collection agent, and national credit
bureaus
have been informed that this debt has been canceled.

In accordance with Florida Statutes, schools may now release any academic
record that
has been withheld as a result of this default.

Claims Unit
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Flordia Department of Eduation

"I am only seeking answers and information.  I am not looking
to point fingers or place blame on anybody."---Hillary Rodham Clinton