Re: [school-discuss] IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 06:55:23AM +0200, Dennis Heuer wrote:
> I wonder if you know about the IEEE Learning Technology Standards
> Committee (LTSC):
>
> http://ltsc.ieee.org
>
> It wants to define the standards and language for the development of
> learning environments (digital tutoring systems). Does this conflict
> anyhow with EduML? What do you think about it?

Thanks for pointing this out Dennis.

I just checked it out ... what I like about it is that the debates are
archived which reveals a lot about what the participants are thinking.  I
get the impression that this is ultimately going to be an effort to make
IMS/Ariadne/Scorm become an official IEEE standard.

EduML started life as a standards proposal in 1998 and as such is
currently waiting for final drafts of this IMS/Ariadne/Scorm standard
to decide how best to adapt these standards to the open source lifestyle.

Bruno