[school-discuss] Music in the Schools

hello,

We are setting up a recording and distribution network with WWOZ, the New
Orleans Jazz station.  Beginning this summer, a live dj will broadcast a four
hour program live, which will be repeated until a new program is aired the
following day.

WWOZ has a long standing policy of promoting new bands in New Orleans and
Louisiana.  Their extensive audio and video archives include a wealth of
original and unique materials, including a voluminous JAZZFEST Catalog and
many other unique, regional festival materials.

Over time, on-site recording facilities will be made available at numerous
clubs, as feeders to a multi-channel broadcast facility that operates 24
hours a day with a mix of live and automatic programming.

Similarly equipped school districts can create archives of music and theatre
performances by faculty and students.

We believe this material can be used in two important ways :

1 - To integrate music appreciation and education into social sciences and
english language arts programs, accompanied by audio books for the blind
and for english as a second language students.

2 - To create materials that can provide a "backbone" for fund raising
efforts by school sports and arts organizations, schools and for
district-wide initiatives of every ilk, so long as they would benefit from
an entertainment component.

Mike Eschman, etc...
"Not just an afterthought ...
http://www.engima.com