[school-discuss] ToySymphony

I heard about this site the other day on NPR.  I thought this might
interest the music teaching community.  The site include free,
downloadable music scoring software that uses a visual interface rather
than standard music notation.

http://www.toysymphony.net/

**excerpts from their web site**
an international music performance and education project that empowers
children and adults alike, giving realization to modes of musical
creativity and expression through the use of new concepts and
technologies

With Toy Symphony, Tod Machover and his team at the MIT Media Lab strive
to bridge the gap between professional musicians and children, as well
as between audience and performers.

Through the use of innovative technologies to create musical instruments
and compositional tools designed for an individual of any skill level,
as well as weeklong workshops culminating in an integrated performance
with children and professional musicians, Toy Symphony is designed as an
utterly inclusive experience, one that will infuse the orchestra with
youthful and enthusiastic collaborators, and the instruments, sounds,
and ideas of the 21st century.
--
Jim Anderson

"There is no such thing as perfection... only varying levels of
pain."

Registered Linux user #269312
http://counter.li.org