[school-discuss] WHDs in K-12 & FOSS Software for Evaluation and Inquiry

Les,

That's a great question. On one hand, there are WHDs that are great
for their FOSS platforms... on the other, one has to consider what
WHDs are most popular in schools, and so would be the most like to
support adoption.

I'll run the idea past a couple people here at school, as they've just
completed a grant based on exploring WHDs in curriculum. See the
Wireless Handheld Devices for Ubiquitous Learning initiative, linked
http://gseacademic.harvard.edu/~hdul/whd-overview.htm .

I'm not a serious programmer myself, but I have experience in
developing curriculum and interweaving pedagogy and technology... so
it would be a very interesting project, I think.

--dave