Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: moving from Windows 2000 -> linux]

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 03:04:15PM -0500, jwaddell@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<snip>

> > Curriculum software which supports Literacy as it's main objective.
> >

> I can think of several options here, although none that are extremely
> straight forward.

Also, Marc, if you're not familiar with it yet, you might want to peruse
Seul/Edu[1] Educational Application Index:

  http://richtech.ca/seul/

There are also other, more generic software directories, like:
Freshmeat.net ( http://www.freshmeat.net/ ), and
the FSF/UNESCO Free Software Directory ( http://directory.fsf.org/ )...

... as well as sites that provide services and hosting to
Open Source Software developers, the most well-known being:
SourceForge.net ( http://www.sourceforge.net/ ) and
BerliOS.de ( http://www.berlios.de/ ).

Good luck!!!

-bill!
bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://newbreedsoftware.com/

[1] Simple End User Linux / Edu. ( http://www.seul.org/edu/ )
[2] Free Software Foundation ( http://www.fsf.org )
    United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization
    ( http://www.unesco.org/ )