Re: [school-discuss] linux distributions for low resource computers

I've been doing the same thing and have tried both that you have but also have tried and really like Puppy Linux. I maxed out the memory though at 192. My test machines are Compaq Armada 3500s with P2/266-366. If you can swing the extra memory, you would do well to get it. The latest Puppy 4 is very nice and can even be installed to hard disk. I'm going to be deploying several with puppy this coming school year.

John Mitchell