[school-discuss] Announcement: Creating an Online Class that Accommodates Dyslexia

Hi there everyone!

I have not seen much activity on this list lately, so maybe everyone is really busy with other things?

I read most posts, but haven't written anything for a long time either.  Plus, I used to use marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as my email address, but now use marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I was paying out too much money for domains I was not using, so  I consolidated them several months ago.

Hope you are all well.

Last fall I took a new teaching job to be closer to home and it turned out to be horrible at many levels.  Kids were cool - as always - but it was bad enough that I felt I needed to get the heck out of there at the end of the first semester.  And since I live in Texas where the state legislature has been cutting public school funding like crazy - there are no jobs out there at all.  None.  Nada.

Time to get creative.  I have been toying with the idea of putting a class online for a long time and here it is so far . . .

http://marilyn.hagle.com

The content will be free for anyone, but I am hoping that enough schools hire me as the teacher to pay the bills.  It is different from other online classes in that it completely accommodates students with dyslexia.  Students with dyslexia cannot "read to learn" so most online courses are innappropriate for them.

If you have the time, please offer suggestions.  If you know of a school that might be interested, please forward them the link.

Thanks alot!   Maybe some of you on this list might create your own class???

Marilyn Hagle  :)