[school-discuss] wireless school/community network

friends

I was just thinking about how to setup an 802.11 bgn network for a school and the neighboringÂcommunityÂin rural/remote areas... ÂÂ

here is what I would like to see....

This Tenda wifi routerÂsellsÂfor $15 in Hanoi... Â http://www.tenda.cn/tendacn/Product/show.aspx?productid=353Â but I cannot find a way to reliably hack a WRT firmware with chilispot in there... Âthen again that is above my paygrade...

I am guessing that for about $500-$1000 we could make a 1-2km school wifi zone thus enabling a move to the next stage of blended learning where students and the community could access digital materials 24/7 Âno need for internet Âbut that surely would be nice...

Does Âanyone haveÂexperienceÂwithÂideas such as this? Â do you know experienced wifi router hackers that could do an open source project to develop wifi router packages for the future?

Cheers
Tim
j. Tim Denny, Ph.D.Â
ÂConsultant - International Development, Education and ICT
 SKYPE - jtdenny  Googletalk - denny.jt
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny
https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/id130765695
While SAT scores might predict your success in the classroom, beyond a basic level of intelligence your passion, motivation, initiative, networking and hustle matter more than your grade-point average. ÂDale Stephens founder of UnCollege.org
https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=esi2y0whdhk52&utm_source=txemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral