[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[school-discuss] Diagnostic Software
- To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, libreplanet-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [school-discuss] Diagnostic Software
- From: Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 18:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: schoolforge-discuss-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 12 May 2013 21:39:29 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1368409159; bh=oIDkQpdZPtBOrDfJpAnikstnUqy31L259D6uq/+FIMg=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=XvfJaBPatI4fhKbWhlO8fd4NDK9tG4cJJ7aRyFWpObX6Gz/QsN16w7WTYyK/jcyCT6B4m7SqA4JIh8vmnljLjzu4KH2sJK2aRLdBY9Nw4/rrwd2aVUvgSoxiEHKxbwTfbru0Xiklfc+tKEf6IhzIcYH+NmG+V01/xXWu1tg9jG8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=PKPRiWOsRjdGWpagQt/ebbKzSFvhpm49Wep8wT1vPDIBlCBOTy9L7z+ZuFzIqwQlWLGp4uDo0jHifFlQrmuBSJUxf/eRThAdFYlFXgwxBgc9KAyX61TJoedt/5qJm3w0mE8egGncsQnUUCEhgfRGiuPYHLbK0sBX/rJDwNEajqY=;
- Reply-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A relative of mine had her Dell laptop fail on her.
It's an MS Windows 7 machine about three years old.
Among other symptoms, it's doing spontaneous reboots
fairly frequently. The built-in diagnostics didn't
show problems, but I don't trust them under the
circumstances. Since the warranty is long over, Dell
charges a ludicrous price to fix it.
I'd like suggestions on which bootable CD/DVD would
be the best set of diagnostic tools for a full
analysis of this thing. If the laptop is actually
fixable without major hardware work, and I can get
a novice-friendly Libre environment running on it,
I think I just might be able to produce a few more
converts to Software Freedom.
Bring on the ideas....
To unsubscribe from the schoolforge-discuss mailing list:
Send an e-mail message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no subject
and a body of "unsubscribe schoolforge-discuss"