[school-discuss] GNU FisicaLab 0.3.5 released

I'm glad to announce the release of GNU FisicaLab 0.3.5

FisicaLab [1], can be pronounced as PhysicsLab, is an educational
application to solve physics problems. Its main objective is let the
user to focus in physics concepts, leaving aside the mathematical
details (FisicaLab take care of them).

In this version I added a module to handle tables of properties, for
the moment this only handle properties for water, but is the base for
future modules of thermodynamics and fluids. This took more time that
I thought, but now is ready. So now there is a new entry at menu that
launch a window where you can calculate the properties of water
(saturated, compressed and superheated). I also fix some bugs:

* Correction of a bug in the module dynamics of points, due to a bad
set of equations. This causes that some problems can be solved with
some parameters, but not with others.
* Fixed two problems with the contextual menu of conversions.
* Minor changes for compatibility with Windows platform. So
now FisicaLab have the same behaviour on this platform.

This new version is also available as a binary package for GNU/Linux
i686 and for GNU/Linux x86_64. There is also a self contained installer
for Windows and a source tarball for Mac OS X. I didnât tested this
package since I donât have a Mac. But in theory should work.

The documentation of FisicaLab is now on line [2] and in addition
I added some videos [3]. For the moment these are available only in
English. And, beforehand, apologies if you donât understand my
English :)

I also want to thank the people who have donated to the project. In this
version the first time you launch FisicaLab it will display a window
with a brief description of FisicaLab where we encourage you to donate
to the project.

So enjoy FisicaLab and if you have feedback or found bugs, use the
corresponding mailing lists.

GermÃn Arias

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/fisicalab/
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/fisicalab/manual/en/fisicalab/index.html