[school-discuss] ARE YOU PREPARED FOR A RANSOMWARE ATTACK?

My Dear Friends,

Your environment can become corrupted in minutes making you a victim of a costly ransomware attack.   Then question arises, Do I have a backup?  Is my backup up to date?  Are my configurations intact?  These are some of the questions that start to flash in disaster.

What is Ransomware?

Ransomware is a type of virus created by Cyber Criminals designed to encrypt your files, holding them for ransom until a sum of money is paid.

Ransomware can:

  • Prevent you from accessing Windows
    (or iOS, Mac OS X, and Android)
  • Infiltrate your network through any
    infected device connected to it
  • Encrypt files so you can’t use them
  • Stop apps from running (like your web browser)

Plus, there’s no guarantee that paying the ransom will recover your files.

Ransomware is not just a PC problem – recent attacks have increasingly targeted server applications, such as databases, shared file systems, and customer management systems.

To combat such malicious attacks, I recommend a good antivirus and backup solution that will keep you protected.  For a detailed solution , contact me vial email below.

Kind regards.

Rukshar Ahmed Khan
Lot 7 Nakoliya,
Nawaka, Nadi, Fiji Islands.