Re: [school-discuss] Open Source Publisher

On 2002.11.18 20:10 Dave Prentice wrote:
> Has anyone here successfully compiled Scribus? I've tried several
> times but failed because of dependency problems. I never could find a
> list of dependencies and where to download them.
> Dave Prentice
> prentice@instruction.com

Hi Dave,

Scribus is part of the main debian distribution, so if you have a
system with the command "apt-get" and an appropriate
/etc/apt/sources.list file you could just:

apt-get install scribus

Failing that, according to the debian control file, scribus 0.9
build-depends on software in the following debian packages:

debhelper- very unlikely that this is your problem
c++-compiler
gettext
xlibs-dev
xutils
libqt3-dev (>= 3.0.5)
libjpeg-dev
libpng3-dev
libz-dev
liblcms1-dev (>=1.09)
libtiff3-dev
libqt3-mt-dev

On a non-debian system, these libraries may have different names, but
you may find a hint here.

Good luck,

Streph