Re: [school-discuss] free-bsd compatible laser printers

I would recommend that you look at a printer that is:
1) Postscript capable. (though of course you can always. use Ghostscript
but then will need to be PCL5/6 capable)

2) Good paper handling. If it jams, your life is over...(since you will
spend it all clearing jams in a lab setting)

3) Cheap to run (Price toner and other consumables on a per page basis)

4) Not really necessary, but nice to have would be 1200 dpi resolution
like HP1200 or HP4050.

Les Richardson