Re: [school-discuss] New Scrabble game

Hello Shane,

Thanks for the game idea, sounds like a great idea.

-charlie

Shane Coyle wrote:

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 10:41, Charles Cosse wrote:

Greetings All,

i've just released a "sister" application to TuxMathScrabble, called
"TuxWordSmith".  It uses XDXF opensource dictionaries and is designed
for classroom use.  If interested, please obtain from:
http://www.asymptopia.org.  Thanks,

Charles Cosse

Cool, nice work. I am looking for new apps to include in the next EDU-Nix CD, since I have a lot more room since having to remove Samba and OpenOffice.org. [ http://edu-nix.org/shanecoyle/index.php/2006/11/25/next-edu-nix-cd-update/ ]

A teacher and I were discussing a game she plays with her students, its tic-tac-toe but in each square is a simple math problem that you must solve. So, you pick a square then answer the question, if you are right you get the square, if not better luck next time. It actually makes Tic-Tac-Toe engaging.

Anyhow, it could be a decent game but my programming skills are dubious (I hack, I dont create). We even had a nifty name - Tux-Tac-Total, and figured you could play against tux (the computer) or each other (2 player). Anyhow, if anyone out there with the requisite skills can run with that, enjoy.

I've been real busy trying to take down a multinational corporation lately, so I apologize for my spotty participation. Also rolling out another website, opensourcegovernment.com, but its slow going as of yet.