Re: [school-discuss] "Tux's Turtle" sneak-peek

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 05:39:48PM -0800, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> this is awesome. as you say, introduces programming without having to
> ever use the "p" word.
>
> where do i sign up to be a beta tester?

I'll eventually get around to committing code to the SourceForge.net
project that I set up.

> i do a lot of teaching around robotics, and this would be a brilliant
> introduction and a great first way to control a physical robot.

Well, I doubt the app _itself_ will be able to talk to a robot,
but perhaps a program could be written, and then exported into
something that you could then send to the robot.

I doubt creating a Tux's Turtle -> Logo conversion tool would be
very difficult, either.

-bill!