Re: [school-discuss] Mac Linux network install failure

These kind of things point out the fact that 3 things are required:
a) Hardware
b) Software
c) People trained to use them.

Like a three legged stool, the lack of any one and the whole thing falls
over.

The hardware is now easy. Almost anything can function as an X terminal.

The software we're working on, although documentation would probably fall
into the gray zone.

What about the training... now that is the hard part. What about the Unix
philosophy? What about free software and GPL? These are the foundation
stones on which things are built.

But of course, we already knew that. The problem in these
Installations-Gone-Wrong was that the background and understanding of
issues wasn't there. (and really can't be).

But who can we educate about these things?..... Let's talk to students.

Les