Re: [school-discuss] 'MIT tries free Web education'

On Monday 14 October 2002 08:53 am, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> Not K-12, but good to see nonetheless.
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1023-961563.html
>
> ... in a time when many Universities seem to have forgotten that knowledge
> is gained by sharing, not by hoarding.

Interesting.  We've started to record some classes and place the audio online.
For the past three years or so the presentation graphics for each of our
Concordia University Wisconsin computer science courses have been available
online.  You might take a quick look at http://www.cs.cuw.edu for the things
we are doing.  I'm particularly proud of the course CSC-175... :-)  But that
one isn't being recorded this semester.

We not only are making our class materials available, but this provides an
opportunity for students who do miss a class to have the notes and
assignments.  Most of my CS students will print the presentation graphics
before class and use the printouts for taking notes.  Works well.

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
                jeff.williams@cuw.edu