Re: [school-discuss] Open-source alternatives

On Thursday 14 October 2004 15:22, Vedran Vucic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We ar einstalling GNU/Linux in several schools here and we will
> soon start seminars on GNU/Linux for teachers for elementary and
> high schools.  OpenOffice 1.1, GIMP, Firefox and Mozilla are OK. We
> usually use Red Hat or Fedora distributions .  In some cases we use
> Mandrake.  On machines with modest technical specifications we
> install Vector Linux.  Vector Linux was very good even on machines
> 233MHZ 64MB RAM.
> I would like to hear your experiences too.
[...]

You shood take a closer look on skolelinux.
Skolelinux has a big focus running on modest machines and it is
designed to be installed as we call it automagic so even teachers
wich have no big knowledge of IT are able to set up a whole school
net based upon skolelinux.

Bye,
Thomas