[school-discuss] usb pen drives and mini distros

Hi,
I have recently purchased a pen drive and have been
searching for a SIMPLE OS to run from the drive. I
have read about Puppy, Feather, Flonix, and Damn Small
Linux. Can anyone tell me what the favorite flash OS
is and why? I would like the OS to include a good
calendar, email client and browser.
My pen drive is 512mb and was only about $50. With
prices plummeting and memory capacity growing, I would
think that this would be a great place for Linux to
take a lead. What could be greater than carrying your
OS and files with you on a chain around your neck? I
think an OS on an USB drive would be much preferable
to a LiveCD.
Brad Nielsen

I have also been looking at window freeware that will
run from a pen drive, calendars, email clients,
browsers, etc. Anyone have some good advice on what to
try?