Re: [school-discuss] [IIEP] Blog, FLOSS and NGOs

Hi Frederick

My organisation, NetDay South Africa, is a non-profit that is providing access to ICTs in the poorest of poor schools in South Africa. We have had enormous success using Linux thin client and refurbished workstations. We are funded primarily by UniForm South Africa. You can see more on our work at www.netday.org.za (still in need of a bit of work) and at http://co.za/cares/netday_proj.html. We've done a lot of groundbreaking work in the deployment of Linux thin client in developing countries over the years. We have reached a point in South Africa where sustainable ICT solutions using Linux and refurbs can be deployed by schools themselves with very little assistance. This is one of our goals - to see people deploying technology solutions for themselves by themselves.

I note that you have mentioned us in your report on your visit to our friends The Shuttleworth Foundation.

cheers
Edward Holcroft