Re: [school-discuss] Student-oriented Windows freeware... 150 & counting....

Instead of GSP, look into GeoGebra:
"GeoGebra is a free and multi-platform dynamic mathematics software for schools that joins geometry, algebra and calculus. It received several international awards including the European and German educational software awards."
- http://www.geogebra.at/

Michael T. Bendorf
Technology Assistant
Intermediate School

>>> sregdoreel@xxxxxxxxx Monday, 16 October, 2006 12:23:14 PM >>>
Somehow I dropped the algebra/trig/calc applications:

   educational\Math\algebra\Algebrus
   educational\Math\algebra\AnalyticMath
   educational\Math\algebra\Argand
   educational\Math\algebra\DeadLine
   educational\Math\algebra\Descartes
   educational\Math\algebra\Gauss
   educational\Math\algebra\Graph
   educational\Math\algebra\Jmath
   educational\Math\algebra\K-Seg
   educational\Math\algebra\Maxima
   educational\Math\algebra\MuLab
   educational\Math\algebra\SurfX3D 3D Algebraic Plotter
   educational\Math\algebra\SciLab 4

The SurfX3D is very nice but some of the others are a bit rough around the
edges & some make up in power what they lack in friendliness... many are
x-platform.

For inexpensive x-platform math payware appropriate for K-12 the MathAid
series (demos listed here: http://www.filesland.com/download/drills.html ) is
pretty good (as are their limited on-line demos at MathAid). Maple &
Geometer's SketchPad are also good .. but as to which costs more in the long
run, I couldn't say w/out seeing some edu licenses from the 3 vendors.

/lee

--- lee <sregdoreel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>    office\OpenOffice.org Writer (Word)
>    office\projects\Dia diagramming tool
>    office\projects\EVE Diagrammer
>    office\projects\FreeMind
>    office\projects\GanttProject
>    office\tools\DemoStudio\AviMaker
>    office\tools\DemoStudio\Player
>    office\tools\DemoStudio\Producer
>    office\tools\DemoStudio\Recorder
>    office\tools\DBDesigner 4
>    office\tools\ERCreator Database Edition
>    office\tools\Font Selector
>    office\tools\PDFCreator
>    office\tools\PowerPoint Viewer 97
>    office\tools\The Font Thing
>    office\tools\WinMerge
>
> The rest... it becomes pointless to count them...
> util\antivirus antimalware\ClamWin Antivirus
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer
> util\antivirus antimalware\Spybot - Search & Destroy
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\IE
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\Tools
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\IE\Remove cached websites
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\IE\Remove cookies
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\Tools\Ad-Aware
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\Tools\CWShredder
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\Tools\NOD32
> util\antivirus antimalware\Malware Killer\Tools\SpywareBlaster
> util\Desktop\Topmost Clock
> util\etc\Free Printer Info
> util\etc\Topmost Clock
> util\Internet\VNC
> util\Internet\K9 Web Protection Admin
> util\Tools\IZArc
> util\Tools\SilentNight MP3 - CD Player
> util\Tools\TreeSize
> games\screen savers
> games\C-evo
> games\LBreakout2
> games\MetaScope
> games\Minesweeper
> games\Narbacular Drop
> games\Pinball
> games\Redevilopment
> games\Rumble Box
> games\Squishy Star Fullscreen
> games\Squishy Star Windowed
> games\Super Squirrel
> games\SuperTux
> games\Tux Racer
> games\Vinnie's Little Virus
> games\screen savers\Starlight
> games\screen savers\Adamantan Chem
> games\screen savers\Cyclone
> games\screen savers\Earth
> games\screen savers\ElectricSheep
> games\screen savers\EscherZoom.scr
> games\screen savers\Euphoria
> games\screen savers\FieldLines
> games\screen savers\Flame
> games\screen savers\Flocks
> games\screen savers\Flux
> games\screen savers\Helios
> games\screen savers\Hyperspace
> games\screen savers\Lattice
> games\screen savers\Plasma
> games\screen savers\Primordial Life
> games\screen savers\Sky
> games\screen savers\SolarWinds
> games\screen savers\Starlight
> games\screen savers\Starlight\Configure starlight
> games\screen savers\Starlight\Read Me
> games\screen savers\Starlight\Select renderer

======
/lee