[school-discuss] Future War

Here are links to two of the most chilling documents that I think you
are likely to see:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/IJ16Aa01.html

http://www.nae.edu/NAE/bridgecom.nsf/weblinks/MKEZ-65RLTA?OpenDocument

The students currently in school will be the ones who have to deal
with these issues and make the difficult choices in the future. How
should these students be guided now, especially in the area of
"technology education" (whatever we may think that means)?

As a contrast to the articles linked to above, consider one more--
this one a relic from the Cold War:

http://www.cscs.umich.edu/~crshalizi/Thomas/mahlers-ninth.html

Happy Halloween :-(

Joel