Re: [school-discuss] Philosophy: Teachers with Admin Privileges or Not

Dne Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:24:39 +0200 je Daniel Howard <dhhoward@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisal:

I'm having an interesting discussion with another Schoolforger offline on whether teachers should have admin privileges on classroom servers or not, and it occurred to me that this is a good question for this group.

As a system administrator in a school I work for, I allow no admin privileges for teachers on our server or classroom computers. I'm encouraging teachers to browse the net and find new educational programs. Then they are supposed to come to me to install those programs on a server or on all classroom computers. It's very hard to find usefull educational programs on net for young children - language is the biggish problem - few of them are translated to slovenian. Openoffice is not very used here, 'couse our Ministry of education and sport has an agreement with M$ and we (all schools in Slovenia) have licence to use M$ Desktop (OS + Office) on all our computers, in school and home (as a teacher) for free.

I'm trying. Have linux server with samba domain, dual boot on all classroom computers, but very few educational titles. Right now I'm trying to get some support from some of our teachers to translate GCompris.

Damir
--
Uporaba Operinega revolucionarnega poštnega odjemalca: http://www.opera.com/mail/