[school-discuss] [Semi-OT] Volunteers needed for Tux Paint project for FLOSS Usability Sprint [San Francisco Bay Area, Nov. 2-4]

( Sorry for the locale-specific message, but I'm casting a wide net. :) )

The Tux Paint project ( http://www.tuxpaint.org/ ) hopes to participate in
the upcoming Free/Libre/Open Source Software ('FLOSS') Usability Sprint
at Google Inc's campus in Mountain View, California.

It takes place Friday November 2nd through Sunday, November 4th.

  http://www.flossusability.org/

To summarize the event (from their website):

  "Our strategy for improving the usability of FLOSS is to attack the
  entire system, not just individual projects within the system.
  In particular, we want to bring the already established, but siloed
  usability and open source communities together and catalyze
  collaboration between them."

I'm interested in having the Tux Paint project attend with the hopes
that the usability experts attending can help us improve the usability
of our documentation and website.  (Working on the app itself is less
important to me, since I personally feel it needs less work on the
usability front.  I won't discourage interested parties from looking at it,
though! :^) )

If you'd like to help, and are available to attend the Sprint any part
of Nov. 2nd thru 4th, please contact me directly:

  bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

--
-bill!