Re: [school-discuss] cinelerra - Help!

Hallo Marilyn!

> When I successfully installed it on my laptop, I included the download site in
> the repository and then was just able to install it.
It could be that you have different video software installed on your two
computers and thus different dependencies.

It looks to me that there are incompatible dependencies.

> cinelerra: Depends: libmjpegtools0 (>= 1:1.8.0) but it is not going to be
> installed
Try replacing libmjpegtools0 with
libmjpegtools0c2a
libmjpegtools-dev
mjpegtools

>            Depends: libquicktimehv (>= 1:2.1.0) but it is not going to be
> installed
>              Depends: libquicktimehv (= 1:2.1.0-2svn20070520) but it is not
> going to be installed

> It is some sort of quicktimeHD type error.

This is HV not HD.
(Just a detail that becomes relevant when Googling)  :-)
HV stands for Heroine Virtual, the upstream developing entity.
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
Quicktime refers to Quicktime 4 Linux.
http://heroinewarrior.com/quicktime.php3

Are you using Feisty?
Which package are you trying to install?

Ciao!
Raffaella