Re: [school-discuss] cinelerra - Help!

Originally I thought you had it installed and it was crashing. Now I see
you have an install problem. The classic case of conflicted library
versions, the one issue that more than any other makes Linux distributions
so valuable.

Two suggestions:  1) Perhaps you are trying to install the development
version. Try the latest release version. Fewer features, but stable. 2)
Look for a cinelerra forum or mailing list and pursue this there, then
share the outcome with us. I doubt there are any cinelerra developers on
this list :-)

How would you compare cinelerra with iMovie for ease of use, from a
non-techie student's point of view?

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project