Re: [school-discuss] K12Linux Release Candidate 1 Now Available!

Peter Scheie wrote:

Daniel Howard wrote:
2. Will Flash 9 sound on the clients work out of the box or do we still have to go through the agony of getting that working?

Flash 10 is out now for Linux and there are reports are that it's easier to get working than 9, but I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

Just to follow up on the Flash question: It's a walk in the park! I went to youtube, where it said I needed flash to play videos, and gave me the link. I clicked on the link which took me to Adobe where Flash 10 in rpm was offered, which I downloaded & installed, restarted the browser, and flash, including sound, now works like a champ. And the software volume control on the client works now, too. (It doesn't work under K12LTSP.)

Peter