Re: [school-discuss] School Report Software

At OS4Ed, we are currently working on our first education data warehouse deployment, called openIntel to align with our branding. The underlying data model supports collection of data for these main subject areas:

The tool set we are using for the end to end process of ETL and reporting and dashboards is the Pentaho BI community platform: Âhttp://community.pentaho.com/ÂThe platform is very robust and for users who want to move to the commercial product with support, the Pentaho organization provides all of that and very well. Â You may want to consider using these tools as they do not require you to build or develop anything new, only how to use the tools, which are solution agnostic and connect with almost any database that you can imagine.

Maybe this will help accelerate your effort.

Casey Adams
Phone: 205.612.5489
Fax: 717.326.3543.