Re: [school-discuss] Need reference for OpenOffice for University Deployment

fredag 12. september 2003, 18:23, skrev Tom Adelstein:
> Can anyone give me a reference so I can get this completed? They want
> to know if anyone else has had success doing this. The Universty has
> approximately 20,000 students.

The University of Bergen in Norway with 17 000 students ...
http://www.uib.no/info/english/
http://www.uib.no/IT/prog/staroffice/
http://www.uib.no/it/prog/site/staroffice/dok/MS_COMPARISON.PDF

For now The University of Bergen use StarOffice. Sun Norway has a no cost
licence policy for education.

The user interface and extended tips in OpenOffice 1.0.2 and 1.1 are
translated to two Norwegian dialects, Nynorsk and Bokmål. The work is
done in cooporation with tree County Councils, The national group of
Nynorsk municipalies, and the Skolelinux-project.
http://developer.skolelinux.no/index.html.en
http://www.openofficeorg.no/

The translations are released to Sun Norway for further use in StarOffice.
Sun has som work to do internaly to take the translations to StarOffice.

Sincerly Knut Yrvin
--
Project leader OpenOffice to Norwegian - and - Skolelinux project
Office: IT-staf in Akershus Conty Council, Schweigaards gate 4,