Re: [school-discuss] Rescuing a School Technology Program: Linux Thin-client Overview

You say you gave up on the thin-client approach.  What was the "straw that broke the camels back"?  And can we help restart that effort?

Jeff

On 9/21/05, Damir <ujka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve Hargadon pravi:

> On 9/21/05, Doug Loss <drloss@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
>
>>Probably not much here that's news to the people on this list, but the
>>article could be very useful to present to non-techincal school
>>administrators:
>

> For anyone who wants it, this article was based largely on a 2-page
> pdf document I wrote that is intended to help someone who doesn't know
> anything about Linux to quickly understand thin-client Linux.  Just
> let me know and I'll send it to you individually.
>
> Steve

I'm interested.

I have a classroom of 12 Pentium I PC's (200MHz, 32MB RAM) and don't
know what to do with that any more!

Tried to convert to Linux thin client but gave up.
Server is (or will be) P4 3.0GHz, 1GB RAM.

Thanks, Damir