Re: [school-discuss] $100.00 laptop

I have designed such a beast, but the one limiting factor preventing the $100 mark is the cost of the LCD panel. With a 1/2 vga color panel we achieved a cost to manufacture under $170us, full VGA added another $70 dollars. By comparison, a PDA or Pocket pc typically uses a 1/4 VGA panel.

The webpage is one i set up in 1999... http://www.edebook.com/ The concept is the same, but book prices have only gone up.

Lemmie know if you are interested enough in the concept to help pull it together.

Bill Ries-Knight
Stockton, Ca

Gerald Logan wrote:
I just noticed an article on this as well. It has me excited, and can't wait to see what the prototype looks and works like.