Re: [school-discuss] So long windows... With some trepidation ...

John,
There is a /w32codecs /for most distros. I thought there was mention of Mepis in this thread, so here is the link to the Mepis docs: http://www.mepis.org/node/11102

Good luck!
Let me know if you need more info.

Chris Gregan
Open Source Consultant/Founder
Aptenix LLC Desktop Solutions
New Market MD 21774
cgregan@xxxxxxxxxxx
240-422-9224

"Open source, open minds."

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at either the fax address or telephone number above and delete this message. Thank you.

John Mitchell wrote:
So now I'm replying to myself. ;-) I can report SUCCESS! However, does someone have a recommendation on how to enable the playing of windows media in Linux Firefox? I'll research in the meantime...

I am in the process of making 21 copies of the SimplyMEPIS disks for a mass installation tomorrow! Be gone you monopolizing, worm-attracting OS!

...having too much fun with this

John Mitchell

John Mitchell wrote:
Well, I had to nix the Ubuntu. My hardware simply was unable to handle it. Now I'm trying SimplyMepis 6. So far so good. I'm installing on some NCS laptops that are about 7 years old. I upgraded all of them to P3-750 and have memory of 192-256MB. Each has 2 usb ports, a firewire port, floppy, cdrom and 6gb hdd. They are originally manufactured by Kapok - probably the easiest to configure and get into notebook I've ever worked on. Will update again soon.