Re: [school-discuss] tech in education "kendall"

As David recommended, Gutenberg is a great source for books in the
public domain or with Creative Commons licenses.  Google Books also
has books in the public domain and you can search for books they offer
pre-1923 using the advanced feature of their book search
http://books.google.com/

Ran across this site.  Not a lot of course material, but there's some
and might be useful for study groups:
http://p2pu.org/

You can also check
http://www.oercommons.org/
or search for information on Open Textbooks.

I used CiteSeerX a lot when I was writing research papers and needed
references.  One location for it is http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/write