FW: Re: COAS ??

This is Jack's response concerning COAS.  It raises some doubts in my mind as
to the intentions of the COAS team.

-----FW: <Pine.LNX.3.95.980204004934.26140l-100000@486dos.solucorp.qc.ca>-----

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Rick Jones wrote:

> Jack:
>
> A while back there was something mentioned about a possible joint effort
> between Linuxconf and COAS.  What ever became of this?

Nothing happened. Mostly, COAS people were not interested in linuxconf.
They basically wanted me to fold whatever I had into their architecture.
Oddly enough, they wanted to fold a 80,000 line project into a newly
borned project. And they could not tell me what was wrong in linuxconf.

Obviously, this idea was upside down. Unless one explain to me why
linuxconf is so wrong, I see no point into breaking apart linuxconf to
make it part of a smaller project. Further, when COAS 1.0 will be out, I
expect it will cover about 20% of what linuxconf already does. In fact,
most advanced feature of linuxconf has been delayed for version 2 in COAS

        -user privilege
        -multiple machine management
        -web interface
        -system profile versioning.

Jacques Gelinas (jacques@solucorp.qc.ca)
Linuxconf: The ultimate administration system for Linux.
see http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf
new developments: remote GUI admin, multiple machines admin, wu-ftpd

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

---
E-Mail: Cyberdyn@seul.org       Date: 04-Feb-98        Time: 12:25:20
Once is happenstance,