technology grants

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a Science teacher in a rural public school.  Many of our students are considered in the poverty range and do not have access to computers at home.  I now have 5 outdated 386 computers in my room.  My students look forward to the time that it is their turn to use these computers.  With class sizes in the twentys, that is unfortunately not very often.  Now for my biggest problem; most of the new software available that correlates with our textbooks and just general Science software  comes on CD rom and requires a faster processer.  This limits the information that my students have access to.  These computers are also not hooked up to the internet, so the wealth of information that is available to some, is not available to many of my students.

I am looking for foundations, businesses, or private individuals who see the need to expose today's youth to the way of the future.  I realize is some areas, a home computer is standard.  Unfortunately, this is not the case here.

If you can furnish any information that could help me fund the purchase of 10 computers that would be placed in my classroom  for student use, I would greatly appreciate it.

You can contact me at tstamper@ocevnet.org.  or at Beggs Middle School, P.O. Box 719, Beggs, OK  74421.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Teri Stamper