Re: Educational software [Fwd with permission]

I'm not sure if my first message on this subject got through.  But I
think it would be a very good idea to push for more educational software
for Linux.  What a great market to go for - financially strapped
elementary schools!  Then guess which OS their parents will want to
run???

One program that might be worth trying to implement is an Oregon Trail
type edutainment program.  Even *I* had fun last time I played that
game!  :-)

Also, a math tutor program would be quite trivial to write - even a nice
looking one, with Perl/Tk or something.

> > For the video system, vectors with beziers would be nice because they
> > would allow scaling rotation and sprite changes fairly simply.  It should
> > be set up so that a sprite can be a collection of sprites that can be

> > $screen = new window()
> > {
> >    $width = 640;

All that would be pretty neat, but how big of an improvement would it be
over Perl/TK?  Could we not just extend that to allow similar
functionality?

I'm planning on getting into Perl/Tk pretty heavily in the next few
months, so hopefully I could come up with more ideas or even do it.  :-)
--
Linux: Everything else is just a toy!