Discussion vs. consideration (of KDE/KIllustrator)

> > The KDE project is working on KIllustrator.  Just saw the announcement
> > yesterday.  Apparently 0.1 is already out.  I'll probably try it next
> > time I upgrade KDE.
> >
> You need to go wash your keyboard with soap.  Around here ( SEUL-* )
> Anything with KDE and the QT Libs is as good as swearing.
> Pleas don't do it again as that was responsible for the largest
> flame war in SEUL history and partially for the Independence split.

No, it has been decided that we will not ship any non-free software.  That
does not eliminate anything from discussion, it only limits what we can
consider for inclusion in SEUL.  Since KDE is GPL's, I'm assuming
KIllustrator is, as well.  That means it is most certainly up for
consideration, if it can be written on top of GTK.  Not knowing how to
code for any widget sets yet, I don't know how much of a task that is,
but I think it would be worth it if the KDE group does a good job on
KIllustrator.

Consider everything as fodder for discussion, but only free (GPL, etc.)
projects should be considered.  Disallowing talk of non-free projects will
do nothing but stifle our progress, as we lose information about what 'the
competition' is doing and is capable of.  Donovan's editors page is a
perfect example of that.

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user