Re: Oh good grief!

In message <36133C71.C132B14E@cyberis.net>, lyoder@cyberis.net writes:
>Well, I just tidied up my Chain Reaction game a little, called it v0.2,
>and gave it to Freshmeat.  Immediately after doing so, I noticed that a
>similar game already existed!

Oops. :(

>Crap, next time I'll learn to check.... :-(
>
>I'm not sure if the other game uses GTK though.  It looks like it, but
>it is not linked against GTK.  So maybe mine will be useful for GNOME.
>
>Also, the other one does not support computer AI, which I *definitely*
>plan to implement.  So I guess it's not THAT bad...

You should contact the people/person who wrote the other version, and
see what its status is. Mention you whipped up an alternate version,
and you were interested in merging the source trees, and/or willing to
take over development (if you are).

Communication and cooperation are key. :) Feel free to send me a draft
of your letter to them if you like, and I'll comment.

And you might want to un-post to freshmeat if you can do that. :)

Thanks,
--Roger