Re: AbiWord, Gnumeric

> I thought about it until I learned KDE and presumably GNOME are
> proceeding with similar projects. At least it's worth following.

KWord is part of KOffice, which I couldn't compile (Corba problem).  I
did try KLyx, which looks sort of neat.  I don't know of a Gnome
"offical" word processor.

> I have seen people here talking about KDE and GNOME, but no mention
> of 'Berlin'. I realize it's further into the future, but I would be

We discussed Berlin a LONG time ago in seul-project.  I thought it was
an interesting idea when I first saw it, but then realized that it's
basically replacing X (which is not perfect but has some nice features).

Basically, Berlin is currently vaporware.  If it ever becomes something,
I'll try it out.  But until then, and until it gets as many apps as X,
it's probably not worth paying much attention to.