Installer

Okay, now that I've got the source here, I've been thinking: We should
have the second-stage installer ask if the person wants X windows, if they
say yes, it places an X-based installer on the drive.  If no, it puts a
text-based installer on the HD.  At the completion of install, it installs
a package that modifies the initscripts to yank the installer off.  When
it starts actually putting packages on the drive, it can touch a lockfile
to tell if the install failed somehow.  When the person restarts the
computer, it can come up in "Install Recovery" mode, and read off what
broke the previous install from said lockfile.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
	A farmer is always going to be rich next year.