Re: on changing filesystems

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> > Having a crash-proof filesystem would be nice. But where does it belong
> > in your priorities?

> Not very high.  I wouldn't consider adding such a feature until post-1.0,
> though I'd like to find someone who can spend 0.1% of their SEUL time
> keeping track of the existing projects.  Just an email or browse every
> once in a while would do it.

Just a note here, WinTel is eliminating the power switch altogether.  On
the latest PC's arriving at work, the power switch is on the BACK of the
computer and the folks are relying on Windows to shut the PC off. Sun does
the same thing on their workstations and I think we could too.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org