Re: Where to start and where to go (distributions)

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> 4) start from RedHat/... and sync only to end-of-major# stable releases

Thing is, we're starting a seperate distribution, right?  At least I
thought we where.  If we cp -a the next ver of RH over our work, what's
the point of trying to package up a seperate dist?  RH will make decisions
we won't agree with, because RH has different end-goals than we do.  We
should only lightly deal with RH5 because it's easiest to build from, but
we won't use all of it.  Once we have a working installer, we can go
through redhat's stuff and see what we think should be in the SEUL
distribution.  I REALLY gotta go to bed, my typing is really going
downhill...  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
             Black holes are where God divided by zero