Re: Linux Core: a more detailed draft

On 26 Jan 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> I see people running Red Hat and Debian starting pppd by the old
> "exit minicom without resetting the modem" method and then typing in a 200
> character pppd command.

pppd takes the same config, it's just that there's different ways to do
the same thing...  Have you seen that incredibly convuluted ppp-on script
that's been around since pppd v1?  You enter your IP and the other end's
IP in the script, it calls chat then pppd, etc.  A LOT more complicated
than it needs to be.  Funny thing is, the recent PPP-HOWTO tells you how
to configure pppd the right way, and has dispensed with the old ppp-on
script.  Weird...  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
      Reality-ometer:  [\........]  Hmmph!  Thought so...